The Darkened Sea Overview
The Darkened Sea is EverQuest's 21st Expansion! This expansion will not continue the "staggered content release" style we have seen for the past two expansions. Instead,
all of the expansion content is available on day 1. There is reason to believe there will be more content released throughout the expansion cycle, but will likely not be
officially tied to The Darkened Sea expansion.
Major highlights include:
- Level Cap Increase
- Players can now obtain level 105!
- Mount Key Ring
- Save inventory space by putting all your mount items on your keyring
- You can now choose a buff granted by one of your mounts, while riding a different mount
- 8 beautiful new zones, including an island filled with Dinosaurs, and a futuristic alien looking zone!
- New Spells, AA's, Gear, and Amor
Things you should know going into The Darkened Sea:
The entry zone for The Darkened Sea is Tempest Temple. This zone can be accessed through The Buried Sea zone. The Guild Hall portal will port to the other Tier 1 zone, Katta Castrum: Deluge
The Darkened Sea has group flagging. Only the two Tier 1 zones (Tempest Temple and Katta Castrum: Deluge) are open zones. To gain access to Tier 2 zones, you must complete the flagging chains in Tempest Temple and Katta Castrum: Deluge.
Tier 3 zones are locked independently - that is, you must complete the flagging quests in one Tier 3 zone to enter the next Tier 3 zone. The order is: Degmar, the Lost castle - Thuliasaur Island - Combine Dredge - Arx Mentis